Monday, March 14, 2011

project 4

In project 4 I used the fruity effect and the X L effect. I started out with a riff I thought was cool that I found using the riff machine, the intro just used single hits to the snare because I wanted a song with just a simple drum beat intro that focused on the riff. The next part had the same riff but i added some double bass because I love death metal and wanted to incorporate them i, however the double bass drums did seem to get a little lost in the mixing but i thought it still sounded cool with the wavy effect. I didn't know how to transfer to the next part so I just made a fill that I thought sounded pretty cool which lead into the slower part. During the slow part I just used kick and snare because it just felt right for the riff. The X L was used in the second part of the song and the fruity was in the first. And of course I ended with a fade out.

1 comment:

  1. I like the snare drum treatment very much. Not a big fan of the toms (although the panning was pretty cool).
    To clean up the double bass, use a kick with a shorter decay and a higher pitch.
    I didn't hear very much filter or XY treatment.
    The fade at the end was quite long. It seemed to work.

    ReplyDelete